Black Urad dal whole 100 gms.
Rajmah 25 gms.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
Chopped ginger 1 tbsp.
Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
Fresh cream ½ cup
Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
Butter 50 gms.
Chopped tomato ½ cup
Chopped onion 1 cup
Oil 1 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak black urad whole and rajmah overnight in 5 cups of water.
2. Cook the soaked dal and rajmah in 5 cups of water with salt, red chili powder and chopped ginger till dal and rajmah are cooked/soft.
3. Heat oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle. Add chopped onions and cook till golden brown in color.
4. Add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. Add boiled dal and rajma to this. Correct seasoning.
5. Add Garam Masala Powder and simmer at very slow flame for 15 minutes
6. Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with Naan or Paratha.
Tip: This recipe also tastes very good the following day after reheating properly. Chef Kapoor likes it cold too! With hot parathas.